Thursday, October 11, 2012


From the Eyes of an Emperor

 

 

            “The following documents my efforts to cause Japan to be the center of our world both economically and politically through a series of statements I have made over the past couple of years.  After each statement, I give a brief description of what was transpiring behind the scenes and what my motives were.  Although I have stepped down, my legacy shall continue through the success of my nation, and the prosperity of the human race.”

                                                                                                                        -Emperor Aidan

Emperor Akihito's Statement

 Emperor Akihito

Although it may have fallen out of the media, Japan is still reeling from the losses we suffered last year after an earth quake triggered a tsunami which caused three of our nuclear reactors to fail at our Fukushima plant.  This has not been the first occurrence of a power plant failure.  It is clear to all how dangerous they are and how volatile the effects can be should something go wrong.
We as a planet are currently running out of oil.  Loathe as I am to admit it, our use of fossil fuels for decades has begun to trigger climate changes that will only worsen in severity as if we continue to rely as heavily on these resources.  Despite the hazards, nuclear power seemed a necessary and viable alternative fuel source.  Many nations with nuclear power have been lax in their supervision of their power plants, which often lack the necessary precautionary safety features that would help to prevent or control a disaster.  If the proper considerations were taken into account and safety features were put in place to deal with ANY CONTINGENCY, nuclear power could have been the answer to our planet’s dire energy crisis.  However, it is as clear to me now as it has been to the Japanese public in years past that there is no way to plan for every possibility;  that the events that trigger a failure are equally impossible to predict.
Japan has always been at the forefront in supporting the use of nuclear power.  There comes a time when one must reevaluate one’s own choices and calculate just how realistic they are.  Being the resource poor nation that we are, relying upon imported fossil fuels would be far too costly to be an economically viable option.  Looking at the current state of the world, it becomes clear that there is absolutely no way responsible human beings can continue using oil at the rate we do today.  The United States currently uses 68.672 billion barrels per day per thousand people to support their lavish life style.  Who wants to be the next United States?  Why, almost every second or third world country today.  There is no way to even begin to fathom the impacts on the world’s climate should every country reach that standard.
In lieu of the stark reality we are faced with, Japan has no other option than to develop sustainable means of supplying energy through renewable resources and alternative energy.  As of this day, Japan will spearhead the efforts to find alternative means to supply our energy demands.  We have been highly impressed with Brazil’s ethanol production from sugar cane, but unfortunately sugar cane is not something that can be easily cultivated across the globe.  More research must be done to find solutions that work for every nation.  This is an issue that needs to be taken seriously, funded heavily, and solved quickly.  I highly urge the rest of the world’s leaders to get behind what may be our only hope of surviving the next century.

            At this stage in my career, the United Nations had placed unprecedented sanctions against my country due to our support for the Americans and the human rights violations they had committed in Guantanamo Bay. While all of the environmental issues mentioned in this article were of pressing concern, I accentuated their urgency in order to distract the world from the situation we were facing with the UN.  At this time, I was also working behind the scenes to bring to light various human rights violations committed by China, India, and certain South American and African countries in an attempt to pacify the UN and the Media.  It was then that I met Big Brother, a kindred spirit and a true friend.

The Emperor's Statement Concerning 55 Cancri
at 9:43 AM
Posted by Emperor Akihito
 I am in complete agreement with Satoshi Morimoto.  These extra terrestrial life forms, whoever they may be, are clearly a race far more technologically advanced than our own.  With that in mind, it becomes obvious that any sort of militaristic offensive or even defensive actions would be futile.  Any such aggression would be exceptionally foolish.  Not only would these attempts prove utterly ineffective, but they would also send the message that we were "a technologically inferior and war-mongering planet," as Mr. Morimoto so aptly put it.

            I also agree that we should build the device.  Unfortunately, Japan is still very much so in recovery from the devastating effects of an earthquake tsunami meltdown.  As is only imaginable, the three worst conceivable disasters occurring at once didn't exactly leave us a platform of financial stability.  While we would not be able to help fund this project, Japan is currently at the forefront of the technological advancements of our race.  If we are to build this machine, Japan volunteers to be the site that it is constructed on.  I will make the construction of the machine top priority for the best scientists and engineers we have to offer.

 Studies have shown that as our race advances, we are naturally selected to be kinder and more compassionate. Such a conclusion can be drawn from Steven Pinker's "A History of Violence." Pinker, a respected and esteemed member of his field, has given TED talks supporting this theory. It only stands to reason then, that such an advanced race would be more considerate and empathetic. Regardless of what we decide, these extra terrestrials could be a great ally and could also help us reach huge discoveries all fields of study. If we chose not to build this device, we should return a message and continue negotiations at the very least.

            While the call from 55 Cancri was important, I was at the time focused on accomplishing what at the time I viewed as more pressing issues.  I saw the building a machine as a distraction, one which was far too costly for Japan to embark on.  With that in mind, I did my best to strategically place Japan in a position where we supported the construction of the machine on a level equal with any other future Accord nation, while only contributing scientists and engineers.  If the rest of the world had chosen not to build the machine, Japan would not have lost any sleep.  I did not, however, fail to recognize the opportunity presented by the contact of other intelligent life.  I was strongly in favor of furthering the communication between our races with or without the machine.
            Behind the scenes I was arming our nation.  I fully weaponized the remnants of our nuclear waste, while also replicating the European Union’s “world’s most powerful weapon” after establishing a defense against it.  All of this was done in complete secrecy.  Although Mr. Morimoto’s idealistic idea of a world without weapons or conflict is beyond appealing, it is not always the reality.  With the barely disguised threats coming from the European Union, I found my country faced with the potential need of a bigger stick.  If nothing else, such a stick would provide an exceptional crutch to help us on our way.

The Emperor's Statement Concerning Gains Derived from the Machine
Posted by Emperor Akihito

I am extremely pleased to announce that because of technological gains from the machine, Japan is now indefinitely nuclear free.  We have also developed technologies to create pathways through space and time similar to the one that allowed the 55 Cancri signal to reach us so quickly.  With this discovery, we were able to finally end the devastating clean up of nuclear waste by sending it all into deep space.  Without the machine, these technological advances would have not been realized until at least the turn of the next century.

In fact, it is because of these advances that Canada has decided to support the construction of the machine.  The discovery of a cheap source of massive amounts of energy has allowed them to rely less on the power provided by Quebec as well as saving them massive amounts of funds on energy.  These funds were then able to be funneled into the continuation of their safety net.  With so many opportunities to gain technologies that better mankind, I am baffled that certain populations are still opposed to the construction of this machine.  I hope that this short sighted foolishness will soon give way to understanding and acceptance concerning the machine and its many fruits.

I am excited by the budding diplomatic relations between Canada and Japan.  As a token of my gratitude, I am placing Canada under our protection, an action re-enforced by the United States.  It is my hope that Viviane Reding will be soon willing to join our cooperative initiative to build the machine.  I welcome diplomatic relations with the European Union and would like to make it clear that I harbor no negative sentiments towards them.  I look forward to the summit tomorrow, as it may prove to be the beginning of yet another new and lasting friendship.

            It was around this time that I became aware of the many fruits available due to the machine.  I was informed that through constructing the parts for the machine we had developed an impenetrable shield that had the capability to shield anything, regardless of size.  This technology was later adapted to create smaller shields for individual objects.  An example of this would be that my smart phone also functions as a personal shield automatically activated by danger.  We also discovered a cheap and unlimited source for generating power, thus solving my nation’s energy needs.  Finally, we discovered a way to stabilize worm holes, providing me with a way to account for all of the missing nuclear waste that had been weaponized.
            After discovering so many new and exciting technologies, I believed it to be in my nation’s best interest to pursue the building of the machine.  I was informed that due to our lack of financial commitment, it was necessary for another nation to join the Accord in order for the machine to have the full funding necessary to complete construction of the machine on schedule even though the U.S. was now backing the Accord.  I began to confer with Steven Harper, and after I addressed and solved a number of his concerns for him, he was willing to pledge Canada’s allegiance to the Accord.  In exchange, I had a second shield controlled by Japan created in order to encompass Canada, thus protecting them from any retaliation from the hostile European Union.

It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

Posted by Emperor Akihito

The moment we have been working towards is finally upon us.  I know I speak for the people of Japan when I say that we are all extremely excited to see what happens when the small yellow smiley button is pushed.  Whatever it may be, there is a good chance mankind will never be the same.  I am certain that these beings will hold the keys to a variety of new technologies and discoveries, and I pray they will be willing to share them with us openly.
                However, I feel compelled to warn my fellow humans.  We must keep in mind how dependent the peoples encountered by the technologically superior Europeans became.  Many of these peoples’ nations still have yet to fully recover from this dependence.  I encourage our scientists to utilize their technology and incorporate it into devices we develop, but we must not become reliant upon these extra terrestrials for the supply of these goods.  We must remain as independent as possible if we are to survive.
                With that in mind, I welcome diplomatic relations between our species.  I hope that we will find a strong and true ally in these beings.  Regardless of the outcome, I am confident that the construction of this machine will not be for naught.

            After months of long work, the machine was finally finished and one push of a small yellow smiley button away from being operational. I felt a strange sense of pride knowing that the construction of the machine had come to pass largely because of my actions.  I would be lying if I claimed a total lack of apprehension.  Whatever the outcome would be, I was dedicated to fight for my country and its interests despite the costs.  Both of the shields enveloping Japan and Canada were activated.

The New World from the Eyes of the Emperor
Posted by Emperor Aidan

                It is clear that the world has truly changed.  As the world leaders who created this new reality we all find ourselves in, it is our responsibility to help mold the world into a better society.  We are now capable of so much more than we had previously thought possible.  We must not expend our new potential as a race on self interest and personal gains.  I propose that all of the other leaders of the world assist Japan in helping to benefit Africa.
                We must no longer think of ourselves as Japanese, African, Canadian, or Latin American, but as Humans.  In lieu of this, I have changed my name from Akihito to Aidan, a more international name.  We are one race, now more than ever, and we are not alone.  As you are all aware, my role in the salvation of the human race has caused many to distrust me.  I realize that although my actions were purely to benefit the world, there is little I can do to convince the populous of my dedication to our race.  Words are wind.  They see me as corrupt and self serving, and although it may wound me, this is something I must accept.  Many of the other world leaders are also distrusted.  I recall the Canadian Prime Minister having issues with his people in the past, and I am sure some of these sentiments are harbored even still.
                We cannot afford these distractions, not in a time such as this.  There is too much at stake for our race to allow ourselves to be at odds.  It is my suggestion that from this summit forward, we hold an election from among the populous every five years to establish a world leader.  In the way of the Americans, this leader will be able to serve no more than two terms, thus never allowing for one person to become too powerful.  Once this happens, I will be stepping down from my position as emperor.  I am no longer effective, distrusted and despised as I have become.  I urge other leaders of the world to do the same, although I respect that the choice to do so must be yours.
                Finally, the shields surrounding Canada and Japan are no longer needed, as there is no longer a current threat to the safety of the people of these nations with the hostile European Union out of the picture.  These shields have been disabled.  Also, to help alleviate some of the population density in Japan, we will be settling parts of Asia, both with humans and the species that were lost during the Severing.
 I look forward to speaking with all of you, and hope that we reach many productive and positive solutions with as little disagreement and discord as possible.  Long live the Human Race!

            A year after the severing, it would seem that the effectiveness of the decisions I had made to construct the machine and turn my nation into the world’s biggest superpower had caught up to me.  After seeing how effective I was in accomplishing my goals, many in the world had begun to distrust and fear me.  As I had more than served my purpose and no longer had the trust required to be in effective leader, I realized my service as Emperor should come to an end.  However, before I was willing to step down, I had a few aspirations in need of accomplishing.
First, nations in Africa had benefited little from the machine.  As we are no longer alone, all of the world’s nations must advance together if we are to succeed intergalactically.  A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.  Second, our world’s nations had to come together as one human race and realize that for all our cultural differences, our commonalities are far more important.  Third, we as a planet were in need of a global democratic system of government to oversee the changes that would need to come to pass if we were to continue moving forward.  This government would also be needed if we were to treat with other life forms.  The world’s leaders would need to meet to decide how best to accomplish these goals, particularly to work out the details of establishing a global government.  Once all of these goals are realized, my rein will be at a close.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.