Monday, September 24, 2012

EU Military: A Final Advisory

     To build this mysterious machine or to not? I give you my final plea to compromise on this question that will undoubtedly change the future of our planet. As leading commander of protecting the European Nations, I express my ultimate concern for the construction of this machine even with our current technological advances that have given us the ability to do so. While I encourage research and development for the good of human kind in any way, no matter how this scenario plays out, I cannot see the benefits outweighing the lofty costs of this mission. If the machine works and we contact other life, then the advancement will be extraordinary and we can hope to devise a form of communication with the life forms. However, even if contact is made, our world will be undoubtedly in economic collapse and the quality of life for all will plummet. The populous of several powerful nations are worried enough as it is, and I have no intention of further destroying their lives with the far fetched prospect of extraterrestrial life. While I am primarily responsible for the defense of the EU people, I am deeply worried about the well- being of many countries extending outside European bounds. I hate to be the continuous bearer of bad news, but I increasingly feel this project is a highly unreasonable venture in our world's current political, economical, and ecological climate.
      I think of myself as reasonable man and would be terribly dismayed to use military force if a settlement does not result from our summit tomorrow. Despite my position as defense leader, employing military strength is never the first option to solve a pressing global issue, however I will advise my troops to do what they must for the safety and stability of our nations. Before you all make any decisions tomorrow, I ask you to please think of your family and the future generations that will be shaped by our plan of action with this machine. Millions of people are struggling to survive and support their families as it is. Unless building this machine will magically solve those problems, I do not see the worth of spending trillions of dollars on such a whim. We, the Resistors, will stand firm in our beliefs to halt any actions toward the development of this machine and ask that the Accord deeply consider the costs and benefits of such a venture. We received this signal as a planet and we will respond accordingly as a united planet. Let us take small careful steps now and our giant leap for mankind will come again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.