Tuesday, October 2, 2012

From Chaos to Clarity


“A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare
                                                             to the jeweled vision of a life started anew.” 

               It is odd to think that just one year ago our world was decimated and a new order was established. I feel this way because the spiritual and intellectual awakening I have undergone seems to massive to my personal growth that it could not possibly have occurred within the span of one year. The reason I feel so empowered now is truly a mystery to me. While this newfound clarity may be a function of the fact that all technology is outlawed and I am no longer distracted by its complexities, it could also be the fact that the world and all it's territories have been reassigned. Never before has there been a greater opportunity to rediscover, to reinvent.
             
               Individually and nationally, it is apparent that the people are feeling the need to recreate themselves and the incentives are great. However, let me be clear by saying that the split one year ago was entirely beneficial. In 365 days we have witnessed the greed and deception which the human races know too well. It is interesting and depressing to witness the sort of behavior that free expanses of land breeds. The race to have one's ideas be considered supreme and upheld by a new society in a new environment has already begun and I fear that it may be coming to an end. While power and ideals evolve simultaneously with the populace of an area, it is hard for the system that controls the entities aforementioned to change.
               
          And that is why I am seizing this time to restructure the government of the European Union. I feel called to do so, I must. Consider me no longer, Viviane Reding, the commisioner for justice of the EU, I want to be considered the president of the European Union. This is my proposal for a complete governmental overhaul. I feel as though this will compliment the actions of the military and it is easier for one person to represent the EU and communicate to other nations. We will be seen as an organized and powerful nation.

PROPOSAL: Currently there is a president who is elected to serve a six-month term who proposes his or her ideas to the commission, which is made up of an elected official from each member state. Over time, I would like to increase the time span of the presidential term to two years and rather than have the president be appointed via a rotation among member states, member state citizens will vote for the president in an election. Citizens will not be allowed to vote for their own nation’s official and a preliminary vote done by the 27 members in the commission will determine the four most popular candidates up for election. The citizens of member states in the European Union will vote for one of these four candidates. If one of the candidates happens to be from their home-nation, citizens will not be allowed to vote for her or him.
  
            I feel very qualified for this position given my experience with EU politics however, I am open to other candidates coming forward and taking on the presidency. I have long dreamt about this restructuring and I feel like now is my time to propose this to the EU. With a clear head and confidence, we can stride toward a new more organized political structure. The EU will no longer be held back by dissenters or appear disorganized by differing views on politics-- we will have one powerful voice driven by democracy. And I assure you all, this voice can only resound through the rest of the world, reminding citizens who the global lead is, if we take responsibility and show everyone that we are prepared to negotiate and become a better EU.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.