Thursday, September 27, 2012

Here we go!

This is it! Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for since I was exposed to this new "machine" and the idea that there might be other life out there. I am extremely excited. Since the beginning of this discovery with 55 Cancri, I have been so sure that this is the right thing to do; they are trying to communicate with us, we should at least meet them halfway, show them we are good enough to be interacted with. I have heard assumptions of "them", whoever this may be, attacking us. I do not believe this to be true; why should we assume such a hurtful intention?

On another note, I'd like to thank my society in the Latin Americas for working so diligently for this to happen. As soon as this project was available and I could get the populace on board, that it would only help our economy.  This has done tremendous things for our technology and science funding, which I commend the executive for making happen. I would also like to thank our military for their undoubted attention to this project; we could not have done this without their strength.

Lastly, I would like to commend Japan and Canada for making this happen. Japan's technology has been crucial to the launch of this machine, and as the Science Adviser, I couldn't be more proud of the success we've seen. Working with such great countries has given me hope that some day, we will all be able to agree on something as important as this.

Let's do this!


Thank you all,
Myriam Adela
Latin American Union Science Adviser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.