Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Shaken but Still Standing

    In this trying year, I have learned countless valuable lessons about humanity, the Others' intelligence, and myself. Since the machine was activated, my mind has been clear and I feel my role as a leader is redefined. While the EU initially passed several laws against further technological development associated with the Others, I am aware parts of the world continue such research and appear fully immerse in discovering more about this advanced life. While the use of military force in an attempt to stop these dangerous developments was briefly considered, I am determined to continue a peaceful approach. While before, I passively sat back and defended my nations, I know see that I can continue to be peaceful, but must actively reach out to other areas of the world to achieve success. 
    This machine efficiently divided the Resistors and the Accord, however the further subdivision I see our new world spiraling into again must be stopped. In just one year, black markets have developed for Other goods and India has sprouted programs for “Others Studies”, all the while Europe and Russia have severely outlawed anything to do with the Others. I fear that if we stay widely divided in our rebuilding of major cities and cultures, history will repeat itself and the world will be destroyed once again, leaving us two steps behind where we started. I worry about the New Australia as well and fear the shield malfunctioning, setting angry “human weapons” out to the world. I believe our world must reach a common denominator and focus our energy there for now. 
    My new role I feel must focus on uniting our nations once again by reaching out to the Other supporters and using authority if necessary to assimilate humanity. Since we know the Others have ultimate control over us and expect us to fail, I vow to attempt to prosper again. In their message the Others explained their test posed the question of the Resistors would “conquer its fear and acknowledge its inferiority among its betters or will life embrace foolish pride and trust in its puny weapons to maintain its illusion of superiority?” Though I support the discovery of new information, I disagree that as Resistors we are being foolish and not conquering fear. I believe just the opposite in fact. We acknowledge the intelligent life that is ‘superior’ to us, but we are choosing to preserve the Old World rather than succumb to the Others who assume they are better based on intelligence. 
    In the future, I would like to see the EU reach out to leaders of India and China specifically and discuss if they simply desire more information about the others or if their attempt unlock their technology is in hopes of joining the Others. Unfortunately, since events of the world are highly unpredictable these days, for now I cannot say what I see for the future after that. It is clear to me that taking deliberate actions towards unity is the only way to go now and my role of leader must be to help rebuild this severed world. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.