Thursday, September 27, 2012

United We Stand

       This evening could mark the last night for the human race or the beginning of the greatest achievement to mankind. Tonight for the first time in recorded history, we have absolutely no knowledge of what the next day will bring. I sit at my desk feeling helpless, but there remains a glimmer of hope that our world will unite again. Whether it be the machine's doing or not.
       In my last address to you all, I would like to clarify and make peace with opposing nations. First off, I, Ton Van Osch, have no intention of deploying military forces to other countries for attack. Carrying the responsibility to defend all european nations from foreign harm is a daunting task and I had to make clear that we were strong and ready to fight if rebellion were to occur against us. I take my privilege as a leader very seriously and must be a strong example for the populous when they feel threatened. It is for this reason that I believe a powerful local military is always needed, even if it does not need to be used.      
       As far as building the machine goes, I applaud Japan and the LAU for being so bold as to pool their resources and prepare the machine for activation. While I still feel our nation has bigger problems on the home front to attend to, I recognize the hard work and diligence that went into this project. I could sit here and write about how I believe this machine is a mistake, but the deed is done and I am a mere player in this experiment now. If the machine works and changes life as we know it, then I will be nothing but appreciative to the Accord nations. And if it fails, I will be nothing but welcoming to you all and will help in any way possible for the greater good of our world. Though I still do not support this machine’s activation, I do not want to be divided. Fear of the unknown is always a difficult obstacle to face, but since we are going to face it regardless, I would rather be united with you all.

Thank you,
Ton Van Osch

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.