Thursday, September 27, 2012

Darkness & Peace

 To the citizens of the world- 

           So we trudge into the darkness. This darkness could hold the most unimaginably dreadful experiences the human race has ever known. On the other hand, it could hold benefits that surpass feats humans could ever reach on their own. Throughout this ordeal the head of EU military and myself have remained relatively aligned in our ideals. In terms of facing the unknown, this is no exception. We applaud the accord for taking this risk. The European Union simply did not see adequate benefits or a feasible way for the machine to be created. Ultimately, I want the members of the accord to know the we hold no hostility towards you. I think that the benefits which occurred during the construction of the machine should have been shared with the resistors so that we could make more informed decisions. Had I known what kind of technological breakthroughs were already coming out of the machine's creation, I may have even supported it (however, thats not really likely). 

         To hopefully quote the aliens that we may soon be having coffee with, "we come in peace."

         I am distraught that we all allowed this issue to disrupt our global trade and travel. I feel that over more correspondence between the resistors and the accord could have helped us reach healthy compromise. However, I am inspired by the hearty opinions that all of us expressed. Part of being human and being a strong human, is taking a moral stance and sticking with it. Also part of being human is the ability to reconsider this stance.

         To my friends and family- what can I say. You have not just enriched my life, you are my life. 

Good luck everyone, 
Viviane Reding 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.